Saturday, December 17, 2011

I do this every time. I promise to update and then I don't for a long, long time. Well I am busy and my life for the most part is boring and not entirely blog worthy. I am not just a mother but a wife and I watch other people's kids besides my own. I just don't always have the time to get on here and quite frankly it is always the most mundane of things that fill my day. I suppose I could carve out a chunk of time, but who am I kidding, I love my sleep, so I choose it instead. Plus, I am pretty sure you don't want to hear about every. single. thing. I. do. Legit, I don't want to share it with you either. Just take my word for it that it is boring.

I am going to sum up what we have been doing and then I will proceed over the course of the next few days to post about certain things that come with great recipes, some pictures and whatever else you may or may not even care to be interested in.

So to start with my son is a year old. I don't even know where to begin to start with that one. But I will do my best. We had a wonderful birthday party for him this past weekend. Despite many cancellations, we did enjoy ourselves immensely and my hard work did not go unnoticed. I also learned a great many things that day. Next time, I probably won't try so hard. Lies. I will probably try harder and hope for more people!

Secondly, my parents are coming to visit all the way from the West coast. I cannot wait. I am so excited to see them as I have not seen them in several months. I cannot wait for them to see munchie either, he is so much bigger and more on the go than he was the last time they saw him. He is also way more fun now. I am planning for this to be the best Christmas ever and that is saying a lot since last year was pretty much the best Christmas ever because I had a brand new baby in my arms. Also saying a lot because it was the redeeming moment for the prior Christmas which sucked so much ass I almost banished Christmas from my entire existence. I know what you are thinking...ME become a Grinch? Oh yeah, it almost happened. But that is a story to be burned to ashes and never really spoken of again.

Moving along.

So this is how I felt the day of my son's birthday party: 
I slaved away for two days prior trying to get all of the cookies and the cake done and then no one was able to make it to his big day. I was understandably pretty bummed out. Meaning, I almost cried in front of our only guest and her husband and kids. But I managed to suck it up until the end of the day when the baby was well fed, pooped out, and snuggled in bed. Then I let it loose. I cried for at least a good few hours. I was so sad for so many reasons.


A lot of it was because I really miss my family and I really wished that they could have been there to celebrate such a tremendous event in my little boy's life. I know it means so much more to me than to anyone else, but I guess I had an idea of what it would be like in my mind and I was surprised to have been let down so badly by its differences. I didn't expect myself to have such overwhelming feelings of disappointment and sadness on a day that was supposed to be full of jubilee. In all, it was a great day and everything turned out pretty well.

My son in the hospital:


My son today:




Happy Birthday my darling little boy. You are the most precious thing in my life. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment