Sunday, November 6, 2011

Ghosts and goblins, oh my!

I have always found the holidays to be important. Not just for the chance to gather with family but for the chance to create traditions. I grew up in a family that made a big deal out of all of the holidays. We had an Easter bunny, a Santa Claus, and hundreds of potlucks to celebrate every little moment. So it is no surprise that I like to do something even though we live about 3500 miles away from all those people, potlucks, picnics and traditions. My husband and I are forging our own traditions here on the opposite side of the map. Halloween is no exception.

Despite our snowpocalypse the weather warmed up a tad and the snow disappeared just enough to venture out and do a little trick or treating. It was cold but munchie really enjoyed seeing things go into his little pumpkin bucket. The look on his face was joyous for me and made that bitter sting of cold on our cheeks worth every second.

A little photo recap of Halloween:










No comments:

Post a Comment